Friday, July 5, 2013

Crock Pot Cookin'

Last Sunday was a day for trying a new dish. It was highly approved by both David and I, and we put it on our "make again" list. (Not an actual list, just one in our heads). 

Now, I don't want to sell this as the easiest crock pot recipe ever, because there is a step with the sauce after the initial cooking. However, the final step makes a rich, thick, sweet glaze come together. For the 5 minutes of stove time at the end I'd say its certainly worth it. 


I got the chicken recipe from the blog Six Sister's Stuff, they usually have pretty good stuff on there. 

I used the cook for 4 hours on high in the crock pot version, and I had chicken thighs. A slightly shorter cooking time might be better, or maybe 6 hours on low. The chicken was not dry but a little more time in the crock pot and it would have been, so use your discretion and don't keep the chicken in for too long. 

Does anyone have good tips on not letting crock pot meats get to dry? I often find that the cooking time is just a tiny bit too long. 

The chicken was served on a pile of brown rice (yay whole grains!) and David cooked up some frozen green beans that were from our garden. 

As I said, this one is definitely a keeper. If you don't like thick sweet glazes it might not be for you. My feelings about foods are generally the more sugar the better, so this recipe is making it into my regular rotation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment