Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Family Time


This week has flown by fast. Soon I’ll be taking Mom and Erik to the airport, and Emily and I will have a couple more days to do fun things in College Station.

Since we got Emily at the airport we ate at another fun restaurant called Kreuz Market.

Had to try some good Texas beef brisket, no plates or forks allowed!

The next day (after getting free corn on the cob at church, unexpected and exciting) we headed to Corpus Christi.

There we had the chance to…

Pet and feed sting rays.



Hold a sea urchin

Act like dorks, a recurring theme in my life

Visit the Gulf of Mexico

Practice our golf skills

And explore the Botanical Gardens

When we got back to College Station on another day we went on the Blue Bell factory tour. If you have never had Blue Bell ice cream, you need to change that in your life quickly. I’ll for sure miss it when I leave Texas.

Mom wouldn't join in and wear the really cool Blue Bell hats with us. Probably because I laughed when she tried it on, oops sorry!

In the evening we settled in for some time at the pool and a new crock pot meal. You all have to try this…just put pork chops (I did frozen) on the bottom of a crock pot, cover them with onions and cream of chicken soup, then wrap potatoes and ears of corn in foil and put them on top of the pork chops. You get a full meal with the crock pot, so easy! Here is the link where I got the recipe: http://hickeryhollerfarm.blogspot.com/2012/03/crock-pot-cooking.html

Thank you so much for visiting Mom and Erik, I loved my time with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment