Friday, May 3, 2013

Family Visit: Food Edition

Since I like to share recipes...

Zucchini Pizza Bites

I'm not normally one to mess with something great like pizza. If it ain't broke don't fix it. But since our garden is producing approximately 3257lbs of zucchini, I had to find some creative ways to eat it. I used these for an appetizer and prepared them before my parents came. Once they were here I just put them under the broiler for a couple minutes and we were ready to snack. 

Yeast rolls

I can't remember if I have posted about these before, but if I'm repeating myself its okay. Because these rolls are worth it. Normally I brag about these rolls and then end up making a mistake (ex. Thanksgiving used the wrong kind of yeast so they weren't very fluffy). So for a while I have secretly known they were great but I had trouble reproducing them for people other than myself. But do yourself a favor and make these fluffy, soft, buttery rolls. Or ask me to make them for you since I can apparently do that now. 

For dinner we also had a crock pot pork shoulder and a broccoli salad that can in no way even pretend to be healthy. I forgot to take pictures. Probably was too hungry to take a pause. 

And finally...

My fridge. 

We ate out for two meals during my parents visit. And somehow there were 12 to-go boxes in my fridge? This isn't counting all my leftovers. Needless to say I didn't have to do a grocery trip this week. 





No comments:

Post a Comment