Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Jessica and Nathan Married!

I just got home from a fun fun wedding weekend celebrating Jessica and Nathan. I squeezed in a visit home and lots of time with good friends, so the weekend was definitely a success.

Not too much to report about the Friday I was in Maryland, David and I did get our marriage license which we get to sign in less than 5 months. We also took advantage of the opportunity to take a nice walk in Downtown Annapolis. One of my favorite places period.

But on to the wedding details. Saturday morning David and I drove to Blacksburg (visits there never get old) and I helped with wedding preparations while David got to catch up with some of his friends still in town. It was a packed full day with lots of laughing, here is some of the craziness and fun that is preparing for a wedding:

This is Rachel (one of Jessica's younger sisters) and I trying to hold all of the stuff in place from some major shopping trips to ensure everyone would be well fed for the weekend

Koren being goofy with the lemonade pitcher. I was in Koren's wedding about a year and a half ago. It was so fun to spend the weekend with her and Devin. 

Rachel playing piano at the house we all stayed at. It was a very musical group and someone was always singing, playing guitar, or piano. Very nice and relaxing atmosphere.

Setting up the reception area. I loved the potted plant center pieces. 

I think this is a great picture (note: I didn't take this one but I'd like to know who did)

Crafting to make cheesecake stands

She is a pro.

A little evening celebration to have a bit of quiet time with the bride and bridesmaids the night before the wedding. 

Just realized I didn't even include pictures of Jessica and Nathan here, I'll save that for next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment