Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Visit From the Owens Clan

David's parents came for a visit this past weekend. It was great to get a chance to see them and show the apartment and the area that David will be living in.

The time on the weekend went by quickly and unfortunately I forgot to pull out my camera. 

On Saturday we didn't get to see them until the evening, but we went out for a nice dinner at a Cuban restaurant. That is a must around here. 

The real excitement of their visit was a snorkeling trip on Sunday. We headed down to Key Largo and enjoyed the clear blue waters and the beautiful coral reefs in the area. 

Here are some pictures I found online just to give you an idea of what we did:

The boat looked something like this

There were lots of pretty coral reefs

Many cool looking fish

And even an underwater Jesus statue

David's mom used to do a lot of Scuba diving, so it was fun to hear some of her stories while we were on this outing. Of coarse we had to do the necessary stop at Robert is Here. I bought a big box of local mangoes. 

Can't wait till the next Owens family visit. And pretty soon I'll be an Owens myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment