Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Top 10 Reasons I Love My Library

Yes, that could probably fit in the "Top 10 Nerdiest Blog Post Titles" category too.

1. It is only a mile and a half away. I could just walk there if I wanted. I've been telling myself this for the past 3.5 months. But still, it's really close.

2. Books. Obviously. There are several shelves of knitting books alone.

3. Music. Haven't tried this feature yet, however once I get my act together, I can download up to 5 songs a week and keep them forever.

4. Magazines. Discovered this gem a few weeks ago. I can download digital editions of magazines directly to my iPad. And the magazines aren't random ones no one would read. I can get Food Network, The Economist, Knitting Magazines, and much much more.

5. Audio books. I have already expressed my new love of audio books. Endless learning and entertainment.

6. E-books. Figured this one out yesterday. I like the feature the library has to browse available e-books so I don't have to face the dissapointment of a particular book not being available. If I could get my Nook to work more than 50% of the time the e-book thing would be even better.

7. Audio electronic resources! Another new favorite, now I don't even have to go to the library to get new audio books, I can directly download them to my phone.

8. Movies. I think my library buys about 20 new DVDs each week. Movies, shows, documentaries, exercise DVDs.

9. Phone/iPad App. I love my library phone app :) I can renew books, search, and check out all electronic resources. There is even a feature to scan movies and books with your phone. Before I would buy a book I can just scan it to see if the library has it anyway.

10. It is all for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment