Monday, June 17, 2013

Another Painting Project Revealed

My last project of the peach table was definitely a success. The table only took a couple hours to paint one evening and I have no regrets about the color.

The same cannot quite be said about my other painting project of a dresser and chest of drawers. Here are the items to be painted:



As I mentioned before, and as you can see, there is a lot of neutral color going on and I had to do something about it. I'm attempting to go with a blue/green color scheme for the bedroom, and with consultation I ended up deciding on a green for these pieces of furniture. When the first stroke went on it wasn't quite as empowering as painting the peach table. My reaction was more like, "This is either something great, or I'm making a huge mistake."

Now that my room is back in order (no more drop cloth over the floor and the contents of these drawers sitting in the living room) I'm starting to mull over the painting. I do not dislike it, but I'm trying to determine if I actually like the green dressers I painted. 


I also think I should tell the world that new drawer handles are not super cheap. Pinterest makes it look like you can re-do anything for $5. The paint to re-do these dressers/drawers was only about $6, but to get new handles for both of these pieces could have cost up to $40. Something I may try to do later, but that kind of takes away the cheap furniture re-do idea. 

And the other one. 

I did two coats of paint on each of these and they definitely could have used a third since it was such a dark color going on light. But I didn't want to buy another paint sample, so I'll just say that I was going for an "antiqued" look. 

One last mini craft/organization that I want to bring to your attention:
My little shoe box lid belt holder. 

For the last 5 months I have had this shoe box lid sitting on my dresser holding my belts but it hasn't been decorated in any attractive way. Just a shoe box lid. I was trying to decide what to do with it (what color to paint it, since I'm on a painting kick) and David suggested that brown spray paint that I used for a picture frame project a few months ago would be perfect. I hadn't even remembered I had it. David was right, it was the perfect color to go with the green. 


Then, I just put a pretty piece of scrapbook paper on the bottom and called it a day. So easy.

Are there any projects you have been working on lately? Anything that you've been meaning to do forever? 

No comments:

Post a Comment