Friday, June 14, 2013

June Goal #3

June Goal 3 of home decorating has been completed. Well I wouldn't say complete but at least one project is under my belt and anything else is icing on the cake.

All the walls in my apartment are white. The carpet is a creamy tan. My book shelves are white. And my table WAS white. Obviously something had to be done about all this bland whiteness. My apartment gets major points for brightness and sunny-ness. But I needed a little contrast in my life. Since painting the walls seems like a bit too much of a project I'm just going with the furniture.

Here is my canvas:

Please note the big sunflower that David picked for me :) And the orchid that is still flowering after 4 months. 


Don't worry, I spread out the drop cloth to cover more area after noting that this would be way too small in case of splatter. 

Give me a moment to sing the praises of paint samples. For this table obviously not a whole lot of paint was needed. I asked what sizes there were that were smaller than a quart of paint and the woman suggested paint samples. As you can see I bought two, but I only ended up using one. Each sample was $2.98. So that means the table re-do only cost me $2.98. If things in my dining room/office/library/kitchen storage room need to be shaken up I only need to spend $2.98. Win. 

The color looks great and I LOVE my new table:

The room is still very bright and cheery

Looks nice with the place mats

And the table provides a beautiful setting for a Sunday morning breakfast of white chocolate coconut scones. (Maybe a post on those later)

1 comment: