Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Beach Night

One of the advantages to living in Florida is that you are never far from the beach. So long as there is not a crazy storm (which is about 50% of the time) its always a fun option of something to do.

Just having dinner and an evening on the beach was definitely my style. There wasn't the long commitment of a whole day on the beach, the need to put on sunscreen, etc. Also, if you just go for a Friday evening, the beach isn't too crowded. Perfect date night.

I did a bit of experimenting with food and made a naan bread pocket filled with bbq chicken and cheese.

Here is the filling (I melted the cheese with the chicken first)

And the finished pocket, kind of has a taco look

I wanna say David was trying to imitate a pirate.

Proof that we were on the Ft. Lauderdale Beach

As we walked around we came across a lot of sea turtle nests. They are marked off so no one disturbs them. I would really love to come and observe the baby sea turtles swimming into the ocean. If the turtles would give me a call when they schedule that I'd appreciate it. 

We can't see the see the sun set over the ocean form this side of Florida, but they sky was still nice to look at




No comments:

Post a Comment