Friday, August 23, 2013

New Favorite Pizza

One of my very favorite things to make is pizza. I'll always experiment with a new crust and the latest one I tried was the Pioneer Woman's pizza dough. It was a success, which isn't too surprising, because all of her recipes are the best. Tip for the dough, you can just mix it up and stick it in the fridge for up to 4 days. The first crust I made was a little difficult to work with because I used it at room temperature just after the rising, but the cold batch from the fridge I made a couple days later was easy to roll out. 

We did go for the rectangular shaped pizza here, but once I get my new pizza stone and pizza pan (bridal shower gifts!) down from Maryland, I'll go for the traditional round pizza. 


This particular pizza was one of my favorite combinations I've tried. I topped it with sauted onions (YUM), bacon, mozzarella, a little Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and chopped fresh basil (also put a little pepperoni on half the pizza for David). Usually I like the ease of making pizza and just putting pepperoni or a raw onion on top, but if you have the time to fry up some bacon and saute onion these ingredients really take it over the top. 

My next trick will be canning my own pizza sauce, but I may have to wait a bit to get some good canning tomatoes, but be on the lookout. 

3 comments:

  1. I've noticed her pizza dough works better cold, too. Or if I freeze half and use it weeks later it seems even better. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know it freezes well, I am obsessed with freezing anything.

      Delete
    2. Good to know it freezes well, I am obsessed with freezing anything.

      Delete