Sunday, January 12, 2014

Starting the New Year


We're ringing in another new year. I'm a little behind on the resolution-type posts but in the scheme of the year it's not so bad. 

In the New Year I am not always one to make resolutions. Normally I think about them New Year's Day and then they are long forgotten months later. 

For a few months last year I did monthly goals and that seemed to work very well for me. I am planning on doing that again. With the monthly goals I have enough  time to accomplish a project or try something new. Throughout the year I can plan what I really need to be working on at that time. Monthly updates to follow.

Some very general resolutions that I have not quite figured out how to go about include:

  • Becoming more involved in the community and getting to know more people
  • Becoming more involved with our Church here
  • Continuing to workout and eat healthy
  • Florida weekend and day trips with David


Now that the weekend is winding down it is time to re-visit those to-dos from Friday

  • Hang pictures and anything else that belongs on the wall, not the floor pile where they currently reside
  • Look into frames for one of said pictures 
  • Finish up the last of the wedding thank-yous
  • Reorganize kitchen, but only if I feel like it (this is probably the item on the list that will actually get done)
  • Bring donation items to Goodwill
I added that last one, but I meant to write it on Friday's list. Thank you notes will be the project for the week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment