Friday, September 14, 2012

September

Hello all! My last post was about classes starting...I guess that was pretty telling because I haven't updated since.

Just finished week 3 of classes and everything is in full swing.

I have a new job, I'm the coordinator for the agriculture ambassadors and mentors for study abroad. Between that, classes, presentations, Sunday school teaching, Treehouse, and job hunting for after graduation I've been kept pretty busy.

One weekend I had a really great visit with Allie and Ian. Allie and I met on the first day of kindergarten. She is doing Teach for America in Baton Rouge right now. Funny that we ended up fairly close to each other. While they were visiting I paid another visit to the Bush library, spent an evening in downtown Bryan, toured a winery, and ate some barbecue.

Wine tasting

Delicious food

Last weekend I had the chance to go First Friday in Bryan. The first Friday of each month all of the stores stay open for the evening. There are usually lots of events going on as well. Sam (one of my Namibia friends) and I stayed to watch the movie that was played outside. 

Not a great picture, but the general set-up of the movie watching

This past week I had the opportunity, along with several other students, to talk to the CEO and others from Heifer International. They are thinking of starting a partnership with Texas A&M. Leighton, Josh, Holly, and I got to represent the students in our department. 

I'll try to keep you more regularly updated on my adventures. Let me know what you are up to!



No comments:

Post a Comment