Monday, April 8, 2013

Harvest


This past weekend was harvest time for David and I. We did some weeding and other maintenance of our garden. We made ourselves do all the weeding first and then pull out the vegetables that were ready at the end. There is something so fun about harvesting homegrown foods. I'm beginning to think you haven't lived until you've pulled a turnip out of the ground. 

The "before" weed wacking picture. I forgot to take an after, so just imagine a more cleaned up garden.

However I did get an "after" weed wacking picture of David. 


Our harvest for the day. We made zucchini bread that evening with the giant one pictured.

On Sunday we started our wedding registry. I did enjoy picking out all kinds of kitchen and dining stuff in the stores but it was actually somewhat exhausting. It must have been boring for the lady at Bed, Bath, and Beyond helping us around the store to listen to us discuss the pros and cons of one pair of tongs over another, etc. At Kohls the highlight for David was definitely using the scanner. He kept shooting me with it and making Star Trek jokes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment