Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mini Book Reviews Part 2

The Happiness Project Gretchen Rubin- I can't say enough good things about Gretchen Rubin. Again, I loved reading about her little projects and acts that brought more happiness in her life. Sometimes reading this book all the focusing on her own happiness could sound selfish, but she noted many times how a happier Gretchen brought about a happier family. And so many of the things that she worked on to improve her own happiness were specific ways to be nicer or to do special things for her family. Overall, I enjoy any books that are about people's different personal projects that bring changes into their lives. I loved her other book: Happier at Home and I still can't get over 7 by Jen Hatmaker. Check these out if you get a chance.

The Elite Kiera Cass- This is book two is what I think is going to be a trilogy of The Selection Series. I enjoyed this book more than the first because the background and story set-up time was not needed, and you already started in the thick of the action. Aside from a love triangle that I found frustrating (I always hate love triangle story lines) I enjoyed this book.

Handle With Care Jodi Picoult- There is always something enjoyable about picking up a Jodi Picoult novel. You know what you are getting into and you know that your mind will be challenged to think on all sides of a complicated issue. A couple of her books I haven't enjoyed as much as others but this one probably ranks third for me in terms of favorites (behind My Sister's Keeper and Plain Truth). The detailed research that she puts into her books is pretty amazing, and I always come away feeling as if I learned something.

Sisterhood Everlasting Ann Brashares- This is the 5th book in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. The book picks up 10 years after the last one left off. I read this series in high school and I believe the 4th book came out when I was a senior. After discovering there was another book in the series I had to find out what the characters were up to. And just like the other books in the series, it was easy to read, impossible to put down, frustrating at times, but overall had a satisfying ending.

That is all the reading I have been doing the past couple of months. I'm still sort of in the middle of a book break, and I'm hoping to power through some fiction that has been sitting on my bookshelves forever. But I love new suggestions, what should I read next?

No comments:

Post a Comment