Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Visiting Kelsey

A couple weekends ago I had the chance to visit a friend I met from my summer working with Heifer International in Arkansas. The group of friends from that summer was wonderful, and I still keep in touch with several of the girls. Kelsey lives in Florida so we were both excited that we would have the chance to visit each other while living in the same state.

During the summer is Arkansas Kelsey was always very happy, creative, and excited about anything. She hasn't changed a bit. Here is just one one example of her resourcefulness that summer:

Kelsey holding caulk, Mei holding the bamboo pole makeshift caulking gun. 

This is the boat that was being assembled in the previous picture.

Anyway...we did a lot in the short time I was able to visit. We explored her town, the beach, went to a few stores, played mini-golf, watched movies, and played with all of her craft supplies. 

Working on decorating a wooden initial

This is my latest project. 

The completed pillow in the background is one that I admired when I got to her apartment. Then Kelsey informed me that she made it herself. How cool is that? She had lots of different supplies and materials and there were enough scraps for me to cut out a pattern to make my own pillow cover. Currently I'm going through the slow process of stitching all of these on. So far, the pillow is really fun to make and this has probably opened up the world of sewing for me. I'm itching to get a machine and start on some projects. 

And because who doesn't love a good putt putt picture:

You even got a free bowl of ice cream with a game. Good deal. 

Me trying to look serious about my game

1 comment: