Saturday, November 9, 2013

Some More Wedding Prep

For wedding favors David and I decided we would like to bake cookies for our guests. Chocolate Chip is a classic, and I have a recipe I've used at parties a few times that has gotten rave reviews, so our troops spent an evening and morning mixing, measuring, baking and bagging cookies. Since baking is one of my top loves in life I was in heaven at this point. 

We also tied people's seating cards to apples, which turned into quite a project in itself. BIG thanks to Allie and Mom for getting those done while I was throwing flour and sugar around the kitchen. I'll let the pictures tell the story from here. 

Random, but I couldn't not take a picture of this chicken dish my mom made. YUM. 

My arm was so tired after all the mixing. 

As you can see this wasn't the healthiest thing anyone has ever eaten.


Me enjoying my life


Allie and Mom hard at work. Allie was one of my bridesmaids. BFFs since kindergarten.

Looks like David is doing some measuring.

The final step in our assembly line, bagging.


She was good at honoring my bridezilla request of trying to have different apple varieties at each table. Thanks Allie!

We may have all eaten more than the recommended number of cookie servings in a day. This is evidence that Erik was kind enough to make sure the cookies would be safe for guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment