Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What's on Your Bookshelf?

Over on Modern Mrs. Darcy there is a link-up to share bookshelves. Either what is on yours, a list of favorites, or just a look at the way you store books.

Here are a few snapshots of mine:

This first one, the bookshelf by the stairs is multi-purpose. It is for games, old textbooks and notebooks, and some fiction and non-fiction thrown in there. The middle shelf is currently where I'm throwing all the stuff I don't know what to do with.


This next shelf is in the corner of my bedroom. This is my most loved little spot that I almost never use. Knitting and books all in one corner...what more could one want. This shelf is mostly fiction. I've probably read about 70% of these books, so I've still got a nice handful of fiction passed down from mom that is on my to-read list. The bottom shelf is my collection of A Series of Unfortunate Events


Finally,  this bookshelf, is in the corner of what I call the office/dining room/kitchen storage area of the apartment. Please note the food processor attachments and exercise ball. This shelf is for cookbooks, scrapbooks, yearbooks, Norman Rockwell books, Bibles, a little more fiction that has yet to be read, and a few other odds and ends. 

Hope you enjoyed the bookshelf tour. What is on yours?

14 comments:

  1. I love your little corner reading nook! I spy some Jodi Piccoult and Janet Evanovich there - that looks like a fabulous place to curl up on a dreary afternoon and get lost in a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had quite the collection of Jodi Picoult passed down to me, always a treat to read through a new one once or twice a year

      Delete
  2. I remember that quilt in the knitting corner from college :) Happy heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt made the quilt when I went to college (I'm sure I told you that before). It's one of my favorite things

      Delete
  3. Eeek! I see my same Gone With The Wind book :) I love your little reading nook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little reading / knitting nook! I would love a little set up like that someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your reading and knitting spot! What a perfect spot to curl up with a cup of tea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I just need to add the tiniest of tiny little end tables. I know one day my tea will spill off from it's precarious perch on the chair arm rest.

      Delete
  6. I love this, and I think we all have favorite spots in our house that we don't spend enough time in. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, I saw my shelves reflected in yours!! And I loved the basket of yarn in the corner with your books :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth, this is wonderful. As many have said, I love your reading nook! I need one! Also, I love your Series of Unfortunate Events collection. Mine is unfortunately missing a few books (and one is a signed copy!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. A signed copy! That's so cool, except that it's missing. I love these books, definitely need to do a re-read sometime

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your private corner! I noticed those pretty books on the bottom shelf before I read what they were--I never would have guessed it was the Lemony Snicket series! I've never read them, but they sure look pretty on the shelf. :)

    Thanks for sharing your shelves with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should read them! Funny and somewhat depressing at the same time. They are also filled with tons of great vocabulary for kids.

      Delete